SP 101 3" Holster?

Songdog

I'm looking for a nice CCW holster for the 3 1/16 inch SP 101 in 357 mag. Normally would go for a belt holster from Galco, like the "Concealable", but the 3 1/16" bbl is not catalogued.

Anybody found a good belt holster for these? Suggestions appreciated!!

Don Hume makes a pretty decent belt slide for the SP101. It's an open bottom design and my 3" doesn't protrude much. About $20 and fits it very nicely.

I sure have had good luck with FIST.

I have talked with Jim Murnak on the phone personally and he has been able to accomodate my particular needs. I have really liked their number one model which is an IWB in a belt clip model. I have one each for my S&W 686, a 1911, and a CZ 83. Each is a quite different gun frame and each holster has been excellent. Cost has been less than $40.00 including shipping . I am one satisfied customer. http://www.fist-inc.com/

Songdog, how do you like the 3"? I've been considering picking up an SP101, but am torn between barrel lengths. I've shot the 2" and liked it, (plus they are more plentiful at the moment). Is the extra length of significance in felt recoil and concealability? (This would be an EDC as well as going along on the occasional family hike.)

I really like the 3"! It would be a bit large for a pocket gun. But, it is much easier to shoot due to the longer sight radius. Shot some very tight groups with an informal rest. Easier to point quickly too, and doesn't twist around in the hand as much from recoil. So maybe better for defense, in general.

For real deep concealment and summer clothes the 2" would be easier to carry, especially with small boot grips added. I think you should get both!!:D

Thanks, Songdog!

Have this on the way:

976202069-2.jpg

FO6, that looks like nearly the ultimate combo for concealment and fast presentation. Very cool.

Dogjaw, thanks for sharing what must be hours of research. Now my research starts!

Happy new year all!

Songdog, that's what I thought when I saw it. There's enough hammer left for SA shooting as well - looking forward to it.

Dogjaw, thanks for all those links, too!

Back