Source for GOOD ammo Cheap?

John Boy

Inactive
Has anyone found a really good mail-order source of factory loaded (not reloads)ammunition from domestic manufacurers? My searches turn up nobody who can beat the local Wal-Mart. There has to be somebody
out there!

Thanks

------------------
Consistency is the last resort of the unimaginative.

Try Natchez, 800-251-7839. But if you really want to save some money, buy non-domestic ammo. Wal-Mart sells 9mm Winchester USA for $6.99 per box, plus tax. Natchez has 9mm Sellier and Bellot for $5.39, plus shipping (about 60 cents per box).

Tri-state Shooting Supplies (www.tsssinc.com) sells a case (1000 rounds) of CCI in .40 S&W for $150.00 -- a great price, IMHO.

I would stick with WAL-MART unless you buy bulk. Also remember to look into shipping costs.

I have a local gun shop that on occasion will sell CCI or PMC at $5.50 box o'50 (9MM).

Keep your eyes peeled for local Gunshop sales. As far as mail order, I don't do it.....yet.

------------------
"Sure Shot"

Jersey City Armory recently notified me that they have 147 gr. 9mm Gold Dot JHPs for $185/1000. 147 gr. 9mm JHPs aren't easy to find and the Gold Dots tend to be expensive, from what little looking around I've done. This seems to be a good price. Anyone know where it can be found for less?

------------------
http://www.str.org/cgi-local/daily_commentary.pl

GEORGIA ARMS 124 Gold Dots 9mm worked great and so did their house 9mm FMJ in my SW3913.
500 or so no problems.

Dude, I don't know where to get cheap ammo but I gots a story--I'm at my girlfriend's house in the outer edge of the Chicago area, and I stopped in at K-Mart last night to see what the gun department looks like here (don't worry, I didn't buy anything. :) )
They're selling Winchester white box 9mm, FMJ, for $9.95 a box! And they only had one box left on the stock shelf behind the counter! What the hell?

------------------
Don

"Its not criminals that go into schools and shoot children"
--Ann Pearston, British Gun Control apologist and moron

Back