Source for Fiber-Optic front sight

Mikey

I want to put a fiber-optic front sight on my 4" S&W 610 for IDPA use. Any and all suggestions welcome - stock or custom...

Mikey

The three ways I could think of to accomplish this would be: one, get a fiber-optic front sight--to fit the S&W revo's--from Scott Mulkerin at SDM Fabricating...he's got a website, or you can order thru Brownell's...two, get one of the S&W OEM F-O front sights, like they are installing in certain of the "AirLite" Ti's...third, have someone machine your front sight base to accept a cross-dovetail front sight--like EVERYONE is putting on 1911's these days--and go that route. Let us know what you decide!!!....mikey357

I had an SDM Fiber Optic Sight installed on my S&W 617 and it's great! Highly visible in both indoor and outdoor ranges.

Thanks for the replies - looks like Scott's SDM Super Sight is my winner. I talked to him today and his sight looks like everything I was looking for...

Mikey

SDM Fabriciating has a new fiber optic sight for the 610 and 627. It is the Classic DX style, retained by a spring loaded plunger with a "dovetail" wedged base. Get the new 250" height in red or green.

The new part numbers for ordering from Brownells are at the SDM website. Brownells doesn't show them in their catalog yet but the sights are in stock.

Bart-I believe that, if you look closely, the "interchangeable" base and blade "system" that SDM Fabricating has is really made by Jack Weigand...seems like I remember that from a "look" at Scott's website not long ago....mikey357

That is a good question jtduncan. The blade height on my 686 is .160. You do the math, and that would be how much adjustment you would have to have in the rear sight adjustment. A person could change out the rear blade, but by the time a person did all that, they might as well buy a new rear sight. The Hiviz sight works with the factory rear blade, and I was told this by S&W and Hiviz. Brownells does stock the Hiviz pinned model and other models for S&W pistols. I think SDM does say something on their web site about making sure you have enough of adjustment in the rear sight to adjust for the added height of the front sight.
Here is a link to a picture of the 686 with Hiviz. Sling Shot
http://www.smith-wesson.com/misc/images/m686hvfull.jpg

The SDM sights just popped in to my two 610's and a 627. The rear sight had to raised by a couple revolutions of the screw to zero the guns. The sights are working fine after 1,000 rounds through each gun.

The .250 red or green Classic SDM sight in now in the Brownells June 1 new products and price change bulletein, page 26.

#864-000-003 red

#864-000-004 green

$28 dealer, $35 list.

Back