Source for Dacron?

jimbob86

I've been to 3 different fabric and/or craft stores locally, and none carries Dacron batting ..... one seasoned saleslady stated she had not seen any in years.

Non-specific polyester, Rayon, several kinds of cotton, no Dacron.

As I understand it, many polyesters will melt and leave some really nasty fouling ....

Help, please?

Dacron

is really just the brand name.
It is just a polyester fibre
------------
Polyethylene terephthalate (sometimes written poly(ethylene terephthalate)), commonly abbreviated PET, PETE, or the obsolete PETP or PET-P is a thermoplastic polymer resin of the polyester family and is used in synthetic fibers; beverage, food and other liquid containers; thermoforming applications; and engineering resins often in combination with glass fiber.

It may also be referred to by the brand name Dacron; in Britain, Terylene;[4] or, in Russia and former Soviet Union, Lavsan.

=======
It's ok to use in cartrifge cases, but not in blackpowder
------------
I have never used any type od filler in my BP guns. Just load the required amount of powder and shoot.
Worse case in a revolver, use two wads id you use wads.

You can type "dacron" into the search bar and then choose "Shopping". I've heard you can have it delivered right to your address for about $4/yd plus around $8 shipping.

Why waste your gas to go get it when you can have it come to you?

Dacron

no sails and other cloth won't work. OK they will but not as well.
You want polyester (dacron) pillow and quilt batting.
it's fibrous. looks Kinda like fibre glass insulation.
Go to walmart or such and in the sewing section.
Comes in a bundle that will last you a life time of
stuffing cartridges.

Back