Son's 3rd deer long time coming

In his short career, the son has shot a 5 pt. buck and a doe when he was in his early teens and is now back in the game. I lost him for a moment to the 2 legged does.....can't say as I blame him he has had some pretty cute gal friends. Anyway, he has had some bad luck all season long. He missed 2 small bucks with his bow and no legit opportunities during regular firearm season. However, last night he connected on a big doe with TC Black Diamond handed down to him from one of the finest fathers to walk the planet..........me. He hit her at about 65 yards right behind the shoulder at a nice quartering away shot. She jumped straight up ran about twenty yards fell, jumped back up and did a back flip as she expired. Here's the proud doe slayer.

Attachments

• img845.jpg
    img845.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 69
Here's the proud doe slayer.

Good thing your son got the job done last evening with all that weather headed at you folks. I'll bet that's why the deer were probably moving in the area. Nice shot He made on her also. Although a nice doe taken >Still a trophy for anyone. I know I'd be pleased given the opportunity to take a doe of this size. Again, Congratulations young man. Well done and keep honing those hunting skills. _:)

Back