SOMEWHAT a revolver....?

Lavan

Don't really know where to post this so please move if needed.

I have a Rossi Circuit Judge.
LEGALLY, it's a rifle but my question could also pertain to the Judge, which is legally a handgun.

IF... while using .410 multi ball loads, which choke should be in the barrel?
The gun comes with 2 screw in chokes. One is grooved straight supposedly to counteract the spin of the rifled barrel. The other is a plain insert that is supposed to be used with the 45 Colt rounds.

Soooo...

Which would be the proper insert for a multi ball round that is close to bore diameter? :confused:

hqdefault.jpg

Did you ask Rossi???

I don't have the Rossi but I do have a Contender in .45Colt/.410 and T/C says REMOVER the "choke" (straightener) tube when shooting .45 Colt bullets.

the multi ball .410 loads are still shot (large shot, but still shot), not a single slug, and are well under .45 caliber, so I think it wouldn't make any difference, HOWEVER, that just my opinion and the authority about which one to use would be the gun maker.

Contact them, and see what they say about it.

Having only having experience with one circuit judge I will have to say it makes little effect no matter which choke is installed for shot. Used #7.5-6-5 shot at approx 50’. Also came to conclusion that shooting 45Colt is a waste of money. With 45s and 410 slugs we are talking 12” at 50’. Only shot 5 federal slugs. Tried several 45s factory and cast with no difference.
My buddies boy won a CJ at a gun blast. After we ran several rounds of both shot, slugs and 45s through it, they traded it off. Range Toy material only.

I had exact opposite results. No Olympic gold medal group but the thing is controlled bedlam unleashed.
I love mine.

:)

sample-circuit-judge.jpg

Long gun or handgun, a revolver is a revolver. In fact Colt's first Paterson guns were revolving rifles and shotguns. Pistols came later.

In fact Colt's first Paterson guns were revolving rifles and shotguns. Pistols came later.

COLT revolving pistols came later. Pistols as a class predate revolvers by a few centuries....

Back