Sometimes she amazes me!

• Thread starter Thread starter PreserveFreedom
  • Start date Start date
P

PreserveFreedom

I showed my fiance a picture that another member posted on this board of two Taurus 38spl snubbies. (Thanx Lightsped!) One was titanium and one was stainless. I jokingly told her that they were going to be her birthday present. She actually seemed interested! Now, she is usually the last person to care about guns at all. I asked her which she liked better. She liked the titanium one. I asked her why, expecting to hear that it matched her purse or shoes or something to that effect. She told me that she thought it would be easier to conceal and pull if it didn't have such a shine to it. She actually had a tactical reason! All I can say is, if it feels right in her hand, she will have one. :)

One quick comment...

The titanium versions, although great, DO recoil much more than the stainless especially in a snubby. If she's really interested, Taurus probably can get you one in a blued version. Otherwise I'd probably stick with the stainless version for recoil management alone.

Just my 2 cents.

Warm Bore

Actually, the recoil with the light weight Taurus revolvers isn't bad at all. I've used the SS and UL versions for several years as my primary CCW. I don't notice that much of a difference (except when carrying...the lighter weight does make a big difference there).

Frankly, I don't have any concerns with ported guns, either. The muzzle flash and minor debris isn't bad at all. However, the noise is quite a bit louder.

Back