Sometimes I surprise myself ...

We just held the Western Australian State Titles for Field Rifle and 3-Position at my club on the weekend. (Long weekend here -- Saturday to Monday for the Queen's Birthday.)

We had gale force winds, rain, hail, sleet, thunder and lightning! Sixty shooters from around the State. Two new State records (by our member who's a Commonwealth Games medallist -- 200.08/200.20 in prone centrefire and 183.1/200.20 in Standing unsupported -- both at 100m). How he did it in those conditions has got me stuffed!! (But then, that's why I'm NOT a champion!)

Having said that, I am a champion (well, of sorts :)). I took the silver medal for 3-Position Rimfire, missing gold by just 6 points out of 600.

Not bad for an old f*rt!! After 36 hours in 3 days at the range, it didn't really sink in until much later. If I just hadn't dropped those two shots on the standing unsupported round ......

B

Bruce:

Congratulations! All the hard (and expensive)work on the range, dryfiring, etc. paid off.

Hope you went out with family and friends to have a cool one or two and a big steak...you deserve it.

Best,
Mike

Congratulations, Bruce. Silver under those conditions isn't something to sneer at...hell, under any conditions.

------------------
Byron Quick

Back