Somehow Gov. Ryan manages to avoid imprisonment. How nice

UZI4U

Gov. Ryan managed to raise campaign contributions by having his buddies at the D&V sell truck driver's licenses. Gov. Ryan benefited from the contribution but managed to avoid prosecution. How nice! If Gov. Ryan was a drug dealer having funds funneled to his accounts by his street dealers he would be in jail for life. I don't see why anyone would break the law in order to rise money for a politician. It doesn't make sense. Now Ryan is pushing to make millions felones with his Safe Neighborhood law. This law would make any person a felone if the police finds a hand gun in your home or car.

Gov. Ryan is a "Republican"(I have my doubts), and during his campaign complained his Democratic opponent wasn't strict enough when it came to gun control.
He said this because Glen Poshard voted against the Brady bill, while he was a House Representative, the first two? times it was presented. However, on the final vote when it passed he voted for it. Rumors were, Poshard caved in when pressured by high ranking Demoncrats.
Try to pick a good candidate out of these two.
Before Glen Poshard voted for the Brady bill he was one of my favorite politions. At one time he represented my district, and I voted for him. Now he holds a position at the college I attend.
While he was a Representative, my mother delt with him and his staff to arrange a tour for a annual trip she chaperoned. She said of all the Politicians she delt with, his staff was the most frendily and helpful. I've had the chance to meet him on a couple of occations, he seems very sincere for a politician, and it one of the few that refuses PAC money. Before the Brady bill vote I think he was given at leat a B rating by the NRA.
It was a hard choice for me when I voted for Governor, but I just couldn't vote for a republican that said his opponent wasn't liberal enough.
The only good thing I can say about Ryan, is he will probably in for just one term. I was told that from someone that works for the House Republicans in Illinois.
I've also heard Poshard will most likely be running again.
I'll stop here, cause I could rant about Ryan for a long time.

------------------
As to marksmanship, it is not what you once did, rather it is what you can do on demand.

[This message has been edited by six 4 sure (edited December 29, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by six 4 sure (edited December 29, 1999).]

Back