Some questions that I need answers for..

MTNTHUNDER

Inactive
Ok, if there is no such thing as a stupid question:

Will OC freeze? I would like to buy two containers (1 for each car) to be left in the car at all times. Since I have to park outside, the temp will get down to 5-10 degrees a few times and I would hate to have useless OC on me. With that said, I have OC on my keychain so I guess if I had the 5-10 seconds to get prepared, I could manage it out of the ignition.

Also....how difficult is it to obtain Colorado CCW? I am taking the class in Jan and was just wondering if it's worth the time. (Meaning....will I get shafted on the CCW? Clean background, so thats not a worry. For what it's worth I'm in Pueblo County.)

Lastly....I only carry concealed when I go out at night and only between my apartment and my car. (About 500 feet. We've had a murder take place in the alley just three months ago) Once in the car, the gun sits next to me in the console, loaded and in the holster. When I get out, the gun gets put on safety, a lock on the trigger and goes in the locked glove box. (Takes maybe 10-15 seconds) I'm a pretty boring guy who works during the day and spends all but 1-2 nights a week at home. I really hate leaving the firearm in the car, so......should I ever consider carrying before I get the permit. Right now I feel legal because of CO law, but I would hate for someone to break in and steal the pistol. (Hence the lock) I'm really thinking of not bringing it with me for a while, hence the OC.

Back