Some people will do anything to reunite the Beatles

jimpeel

Remember when Lennon was shot and the Limeys couldn't say enough vile things about "horroible, violent America" and how "it couldn't happen here"?

Perhaps we should send some flames their way to the Letters to the Editor section of some of the English papers like the Mail, Daily Telegraph, etc.

------------------
Gun Control: The proposition that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own panty hose, is more acceptable than allowing that same woman to defend herself with a firearm.

With yesterday's home invasion attack of George Harrison (he has security, btw) it is time to restate the criminological factoid. Such "hot burglaries" as the ex-Beatle suffered occur 59% of the time in England where the subjects are disarmed. In America the hot-burglary rate is around 11%. Here the crooks take great pains to assure that there is noone home when they come a knockin', lest they find themselves staring at an armed homeowner.

Rick

Personally, I am disturbed that Harrison chose
to defend himself. The reports are that he, his wife and staff subdued the villian.
The BG suffered some injuries. I think he
should have fled or rolled into a ball on the floor and pleaded for the BG to go away.

All self-defense in the UK should be banned.

Why, the next you know, some American will point out that with a firearm you could have
hurt the BG. <g> - Hey how do you make those
smiley faces?

In some ways, UK has regressed since the days of Kipling. Reading The Light that Failed I noticed that .22 revolvers were mentioned in passing as unremarkable toys for teenagers, incl. those w/o much interest in arms at large. I am sure T.E.Lawrence would have had some interesting comments on the current sad state of affairs, too.

Back