Some of us can't resist our Savage desires

Bushmaster1313

9e71a402-9b86-4e21-9fed-9c013104837e_zpsednyjsst.jpg

DSC_1864_zpstue3uhk8.jpg

You mean like this? 1912 Savage 99 in 30-30, 25" 1/2 octagon barrel, Marble's rear sight.
0702161224_zpsccd89rbx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Or like this? :eek: 1970s 99C in 458 American with burlwood stock.
Savage992.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

or these ...

Top - 1935 Savage 99T .250-3000 Savage
Middle - 1938 99EG .30-30 Win
Bottom - 1935 99H Barrel-band Carbine, .250-3000 Savage

A%20Left%20full%201%20800x250.jpg

03.jpg

IMG_108320cropped.jpg

Last edited:
Based on the title of this thread and my own hatred of modern Savage firearms (sorry), I avoided the discussion.

Finally, curiosity got the better of me.

I must say...
I approve of this message.

Savage 99s are one of my favorite firearm designs. (1899 in particular.)
Though I have not, yet, found one at an agreeable price, I do plan to own half a dozen (or more) before I die.

Savage 99's are wonderful rifles and I used to own one in .358 Win a M99 Series A Brush Gun with a straight grip. It was a really nice rifle and I enjoyed owning it, but I could never get a great load with it. I sold it because I could never get it to shoot it the way I wanted to 1.5-2", good enough for hunting but not anywhere near what most of my bolt actions will do. In the end I found it just sitting in my safe and not being enjoyed, so I used it to fund a couple of custom rifle builds.

Picture012.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture006.jpg

I have a few, but think the 99 is fading away. There are pages of them on Gunbroker and they are really not moving too well.

I have three Savage 99's, in my opinion they were one of the best rifles ever made.
To me the Savage 99 has a natural follow through which makes running shots on game a breeze.
I hate to have to part with them but I will be selling most of my gun collection and they will be included in the sale.

Best Regards
Bob Hunter

Fabulous stock on that 99C, Scorch. Who did the work and how much would something like this cost?
Yes, it looks very nice. I did the work, the blank cost about $400 and the stock work was about $900-ish. That particular customer really likes fancy wood and unusual rifle/caliber combinations.

Hunter customs, are you going to do this in a private sale or give any of us here on the forum a chance at part or all of your collection?

Hunter customs, are you going to do this in a private sale or give any of us here on the forum a chance at part or all of your collection?

I've been selling off as much of my personal items as I can, however when the checkout date gets closer I'll hire an auctioneer to do a farm auction at my place.
Everything we do not plan on taking with us will be sold, depending on the auctioneer some allow on line bidding.
I plan on updating the gun list on my website with all the guns to be sold, if you see anything you are interested in you can contact me for pictures and price.

Best Regards
Bob Hunter

I fell in love with the Savage 99 around 1975, when I saw one on the cover of American Rifleman magazine.

I bought my 99EG in .300 Savage in the mid 1980s when I was in college. Worked hard to pay it off. It was made in 1936.

I've been looking long and hard for a shooter in .32-40, .38-55, or .30-30, but have yet to fine one in condition that's acceptable for a price I can afford.

I don't wanna be a thread jacker, but wanted to add something. I've been a huge Savage fan since I bought my first "Modern" deer gun, a Savage 99 in .308. I've for a 10-FP, 10-FCM, model 12 in 22-250, and a couple of model 93's. All great guns for a good price. Recently bought a BMAG, ugggg. Horrible accuracy, poor fit and finish, cheaply made. It's given me some worries over how the company is going.

I do shoot a 99c in 243. but one of my more moron shots was to trade a 99a in 375 win for a mini14. bob

Back