Some gun companies compromise

leedesert

This article is concerning the current lawsuits on gun companies.

From American Handgunner, Jan/Feb 2000

"The pro-compromise companies were identified by the wall street journal as GLOCK USA, Smith & Wesson, and Colt Mfg. Co.

Diametrically opposed to these predominantly foreign owned gun companies is the Largest American-owned gun maker, Sturm, Ruger & Co.. The Southport, Conn., gun maker has vociferously opposed compromise, according to The Wall Street Journal. The NRA, needless to say, has also resisted any hint of compromise."

------------------
"It is easier to get out of jail then it is a morgue"
Live long and defend yourself!
John 3:16

Of course, we have no way of knowing what their real (rather than stated) policy is. An a nalogy would current Israeli "concessions" which somehow are always frustrated by internal opposition and other factors against Barak's best intentions. I wonder if Clinton got our money's worth in helping to elect the guy...but have to admit, that ties in with the stereotypical middle-eastern practice of playing long-term, for keeps.

Ruger!? Uncompromising? Bill Ruger was the guy who came up with the ten-round magazine ban.

Ruger sabotaged our Arizona pre-emption statute in favor of a ban on suing gun manufacturers.

I will not buy Ruger, I will not by Colt. And if I have to, I will sell my Glock.

Rick

Thats nice rick, you can send your guns to me.

All the major gun maufacturers went along with the 10 rnd mag thing.

Back