Some Grips I just finished

toolslinger

A friend of mine wanted some synthetic ivories for his '62 Pocket Model so I made him these

In return he gave me a nifty chunk o zebra wood so I made the Dragoon new shoes

Friend, if you don't do this for a living, you'd better start. Those Cowboy Action shooters would be lubbin' you to death...

You would really do well by offering DA revolver grips, as well.

Thanks all y'all. Powderman so far I have only made grips for myself and a few friends. I usually just trade grip making material for the labor. The biggest problem I have with doing them commercially is that I really need the grip frame they are going on to fit them properly.
I have two ROA's 1 blue and 1 stainless. I made grips for both of them and then made another set for a buddy but fitted them on one of my guns. The grips won't interchange between my two guns and didn't fit his Ruger.

Thanks Doc. I am very pleased with the stuff. It works very well. Look at the "Pliable" stuff on the RT website. I'm thinking I might need some of that turquois looking stuff:cool:

You wouldn't need to be an FFL, to receive someone's gripframe (only - no cylinder frame) to fit a set of grips to. :p

Surf a few custom gripmakers (google), to see what good work like yours is going for.

Zebrano rarely gets the love it deserves

Too bad, really. It's quite striking when paired with steel or brass.

One of the many things I have tried and like most of the things I have tried I learned to leave them to those that have a talent as you do.

robhof

You're a true craftsman and I know what you mean about not being interchangeable, I have 2 ROA's and @ Blackhawks as well as a Single 6 and all are just enough different as not to be interchangeable, but I have changed out the entire grip frames on all of them and they mostly fit like they were made to be changed out, a much closer fit than the grips to the frame were???:confused::mad:

Back