Some cool looking combat style shotguns.

There's lots of old threads about combat shotguns. A coupla things....

First, any reliable shotgun of at least two shots capacity and 20 ga or larger is oneheckuva defense tool under certain conditions.These include range,penetration,Ammo selection,and most important, expertise. All the bells and whistles will not help one bit if the shooter is an untrained klutz who doesn't know the weapon.

If you or I are so good that only equipment upgrades can improve effectiveness, Huzzah! But few folks are to that point,and oft a serviceable,non specialized pump shotgun is the best way to attain a acceptable level of expertise,with the fancy stuff later.

IMO,you'd do best by getting a good, unfancy shotgun at a reasonable price, buying and firing a lotta ammo, maybe getting some lessons from a qualified instructor, and then deciding what addons and mods can aid you, rather than plunking down mucho dinero for a Loudenboomer Mag SP.

No slam on Wilson, Vang or other reputable customizers. I hear few complaints against them. And,my HD 870 has all the fuzzy dice and fender skirts you can imagine. I got good first,tho,and probably have less invested in my three 12 ga 870s than one of those ST jobs would cost.

Finally, the 870 is probably the finest combat/HD/Tactical pump out there, but if all I had was that Mossy, I wouldn't consider myself poorly armed.

There is nothing negative to say about the Scattergun Tech/Wilson shotguns. They start as the already proven 870 or 1187. Whether or not they are worth the price is personal choice. As for the Moss. 590, it is a very good weapon. The only complaint is that the safety button is plastic, and sometimes will break. Brownells sells a steel replacement for a few bucks.

Back