Sold my car, buying suppressor

Supposed to sell my car tomorrow and will more than likely buy the suppressor I have been asking all these questions about. I am going with a 30 cal as suggested.
I looked at thunderbeast arms as Ken suggested in a post to someone else on here, but I want something that will handle sustained semi-auto fire, which their 30 cal can not. AAC is recommended in a lot of posts on here. They have a threaded thirty cal in my price range rated for semi-auto(Cyclone I believe).
Before I drive to my class three and put in an order I want to make sure I am not making a huge mistake in choice.

Also thanks for answering all the noob questions. I am sure it is annoying.

I have used a Cyclone

The Cyclone is a good/sturdy silener, have used on .223 machinegun and bolt action rifle and Armalite AR10

The SWR and YHM silencers would also have no problem filling this role.

On bolt action rifle I have never had it come loose, on semi auto I install shoot about 5 rnds to warm it up a bit and re-tighten after the metal warms up then it has never come loose.

Last edited:
I changed my mind. I am going to buy a CMP Garand. The suppressor will have to wait. This pretty much guarantees more silly questions to follow during the interum.

I chose the .30 caliber DC sound suppressor that SEI/FEI makes for military use for my MK14s and M14 EBRs.
It's a little bigger and heavier than commercial offerings, but it will handle full auto and sustained semi-auto fire.
It's rugged & robust and it's rebuildable in the field.

Civilians interested in acquiring DC suppressors should contact Mr. David Fisher directly at 602 615-7777 or via email at davidbfisher@qwest.net

I went to my local class 3 dealer intent to buy an AAC, but they no longer work with the company. They reported poor customer service. Things like a product being late, calling to check on it, being told it had just shipped, then calling back two weeks later and having someone tell them production was behind schedule and it would ship in a few weeks.

Anyways, they now use yankee hill manufacturing. I have not heard much about them. I have heard good things about their 22lr suppressors before, but never their larger cans.

Last edited:
AAC

AAC is set up now to deal more with distributors than direct dealer sales. A direct dealer order can easily be 9months out.

Try contacting Polite Society also in GA for any AAC needs and see what they have in stock. http://www.politesocietyinc.com/

I have used the YHM QD .223 silencer and YHM QD 308 silencer. I think you will be happy with either.

That's just fine

That's just fine, AAC can not keep up with thier customer's demand as it is, any lost customer just means the rest of us get our product quicker.

It was not just some guy posting his experience with the AAC product.

Anyone who says they stopped doing business with AAC because of this type of thing was never an AAC customer in the first place.

Anyone who says they stopped doing business with AAC because of this type of thing was never an AAC customer in the first place

They lost me as a customer based on a single phone conversation. Well, that and the fact that no dealer around me can seem to get their paws on any AAC product...:mad:

spoke with David Fisher today. Wants 1025, for a 30 cal suppressor and one vortex qt mount. I would need a ton of mounts and 1025 is outside my price range too begin.

Back