Sold HS2000 & Bulg. Makarov, bought EAA Witness 10mm...

Lee M.

Did I screw up? I like the CZ75, but I saw a witness in 10mm. Since the witness is a clone of the CZ75, I thought I would give it a try. Is the witness in 10mm as accurate as the CZ75 in 9mm? I wanted something with a little more bang than the 9mm or 45 acp. Any opinions? Should I have kept my HS2000 and makarov? What kind of accuracy can I expect with the witness 10mm?

I just picked up a 10mm Witness a week or so ago myself. I haven`t gotten to really wring it out yet for accuracy but so far it seems pretty decent. My groups have been slightly larger than my CZ-75B but not much. It seems well made and tight though and functioning has been 100% over 120rds. I haven`t tried any REAL 10mm ammo yet but it`s really mild with 180gr./1050fps. so the good stuff shouldn`t be bad at all. Let us know how you like yours. :) Marcus

have a witness in .45 ported.

Impressed me with the tightness of the slide to the frame. When I took it to the range it also impressed me with how accurate and how easily it pointed. What didn't impress me what that it hit me somewhere in the face with every round that it ejected. It eventually gave me a nice burn mark on my forehead that I had to live with for a week. It wasn't too bad but I'm going to have to figure out how to fix it before I try again, I've developed this terrible flinching habit with my cz.

Or I might just have to look for a 10 mm slide and barrel to convert it...

UltimaSE

BLASPHEMY!!!!!

The sissy Croat pistol I can see, but the Makarov????? Boy, get out there, and get another Mak, NOW!!!!!!!

That's it Lee, you're now officially banned from both Makarov.com and HS2000-Talk...

Take care. Marko

Marko, you out of all people know how it is. I admit, I sinned and sold the Mak and the CS2K, but as soon as my rathole gets built back up, I'm going to get another EG Makarov with my C & R. I'll probably eventually get another HS2000 one of these days. They are great guns.

I've always loved the CZ75 and I kicked myself everyday for trading it off for a Glock 17. When I was in the gun store, I saw the witness in 10 mm in the Wonder finish. I had that two year old child in me throwing a temper tandrum yelling, "I want it, I want it, I want it." I didn't have the extra cash, so you can take it from there. I'm the type that if I want something, I'll sell the wife if I have to.:D Just joking.

The EG Makarov will be in my hands in probably a little over a month from now. I've always been fascinated with the 10mm ballistics and I just had to have one.

I'd have kept the Makarov...

....but probably sold the HS2000. Not that the HS2000 isn't a good gun; my personal preferences lead me away from any plastic guns - but that is purely due to aesthetics (as I said - highly personel!) From what I read, I guess the HS2000 is giving the Glock a real run for their money. The Mak is just so cheap to shoot, & you probably didn't get a whole lot for it anyway.

I did sell one of my Bulgarian Makarovs - but that was to buy a Russian Military, & since I had (3) Bulgarians it seemed the right thing to do :rolleyes:

Yep - I am hopelessly stuck on Maks....

The CZ line has always caught my eye, but I never really wanted a 9x19; I guess that's why I never acquired one. But a CZ in .40S&W does interest me, especially if it is available in a single action, cocked & locked carry type. And now, I understand one of my favorite dealers is looking into carrying the CZ line. Geezzz....now I'll have to buy another gun. I wonder what my wife's breaking point is...

Let us know how you like the 10MM!

Quote from Lee M.: "Marko, you out of all people know how it is..."

You better believe it buddy. I've had a really bad case of purchaspistolitis lately. But I've discovered a great way to treat the symptoms is to purchase a Makarov... ;)

In the last week, I've picked up an unissued Russian military, a B-West satin chrome Russian, and today I got a Model 59 Norinco.

I don't think I want the cure. :D

Take care. marko

Back