Socom scope help

b00

Hello
I recently purchased a springfield socom and would like to put a scope on it. I am looking to turn this into a good general purpose battle rifle, but with an emphasis on up close shooting at 50 yards, some 100 and occasional 200 and would not mind stretching to 600 if possible. I am looking for a good reddot scope that will not let me down (not afraid to spend money on quality-do not like cheap ****). I am looking at the aimpoint m4 or possibly the trijicon acog 3x. I have never owned a red dot before, only fired a friends. Is the 3x of the trijicon going to be a hinderance up close? How about the tritium illumination - is that going to stop working in 15 years and I will have to spend another 1000 for a scope. Would I just be better with the aimpoint? Is there another option out there that would be better? Any help is greatly appretiated.

Trijicon accupoint 1.25 x 4.

This is the most popular choice for people shooting 3 gun matches. It's a variable power scope. At 1.25 power it's like shooting a dot sight, very fast. You can also crank it up to 4x for precision long range shooting. It has a long eye relief so it will work great in the scout position on a m1a socom. The glass is real clear you get a lot for your money. A good price on this accupoint is around $500. Oh it's great in all kinds of lighting too just like the acog and doesn't need batteries.

Back