So this is "The Firing Line"

UKGrad

Finally! You'd think after wasting uncounted hours of company time hanging around www.AR15.com I'd have made it here sooner. No biggie. Good to see some familiar "handles", and judging by the posts, I've found another home away from.....work?

Now who's this "Don" character?
wink.gif

Welcome to the REAL gun forum, UKGrad...

Another Refugee! Quick get some blankets and hot coco... and some level headed responses!

------------------
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

With lots of tiny marshmellows?

Oh, and if AR15.com isn't a "real" forum, why did y'all copy their look? Not that I'm complaining, I get paranoid checking out the AR site at work. Somehow I don't think I could explain away that M4 image up in the corner away!

"No, honest, it was a package tracking site!"

[This message has been edited by UKGrad (edited June 10, 1999).]

All this afternoon, I've been pondering which thread I was going to put my 2500th post on.

Thanks UKGrad....

Yes, this is The Firing Line.

------------------
-Essayons

TFL didn't copy AR15.COMs "Look"...
Just using the same SOFTWARE...
We are actually the "sister" site to Blade Forums, which again, uses the same over the counter software.

------------------
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Hey UKGrad!! It's about time you showed up. I was starting to get lonely for some of the old crowd. As you can tell, I had to alter my user ID. You should be able to figure out who I am pretty quick.

UKGrad; Welcome!
I lived in Lexington 30 years ago and loved it until I got exiled to Mississippi.
I remember one street that ran through the campus. There were so many really sweet sweet things that I would invariably wreck my car.Has to find another way home.
frown.gif

------------------
Better days to be,

Ed

UKGrad-
Welcome. The AR-15 Board guys are great. They allowed us to announce our site last October when we came up. For the record, I don't think they were using this discussion software until after we came into being, but I could be wrong.
Anyway, always good to meet someone new...there or here.
Rich

Great! AR.com is back up, TFL is going good at its new site, nothing wrong with either the Blade Forums or Knife Forums, so I'm in good shape, except for:

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GUN FORUMS??????

Regards,

Write your congressman, TODAY!

Albin

UK, I have a friend ( I use that term very loosely
smile.gif
) who I have loaned a gun to each of the last two months so he can shoot the local IDPA match. I supply him with a "turn key" setup (Gun,Mags,Holster,Mag Pouches ,Ammo...). It has worked out OK so far but he did put a tiny little scratch on the slide the first time out! I have a bad habbit of upgrading my mountain bike componets and he swaps me bike parts for the use of the gun.

[This message has been edited by DMSC (edited June 11, 1999).]

DMCS, is that an offer?
wink.gif

Seriously, I want a pistol for carry/home purposes, but the almighty dollar stands in the way. Right now I have a 50 year old Lee Enfield, a complete AR lower, and an AR kit on layaway, half paid off. So a pistol isn't in my future just yet. Besides, I've got champagne tastes on a beer budget.

Back