so my papers are in and now I get a new job.

CCCLVII

I am not moving but my new job will require me to drive from Idaho to Oregon frequently. I would still like to use my suppressor when out of town for work.

How will I make it so I can bring my suppressor to Oregon when I go up there? It will likely be nearly once or twice a month.

There is no notification to the ATF for taking suppressors and AOWs across state lines.

Make sure that the state you are taking it into is suppressor friendly.

If you want to notify the ATF that you are moving the suppressor back and forth you submit a 5320.20

The only state close to you that is a problem is CA, and there seems to be little reason to ever go there anyway.

Pay attn: to the state you are traveling in Concealed Carry laws and transport appropriatly.

tepin said:
does a SBR require notification?

Yes. It requires sending a 5320.20 and receiving it back approved before you transport any destructive device, machinegun, short-barreled
rifle, or short-barreled shotgun out of state.

The only state close to you that is a problem is CA, and there seems to be little reason to ever go there anyway.

Pay attn: to the state you are traveling in Concealed Carry laws and transport appropriatly.

Thank you! As for going to Kalifornia... may be ill bring the kids to Disneyland some day but other than that I will stay away.

I need to get an Oregon CCW... I hear its can be a real pain

Isn't WA a "no suppressor usage allowed" state ... last time I checked, that was pretty close to Oregon and Idaho :D

Saands

Back