So My No.4 Mk.1 Seemed To Be Getting Lonely

gandog56

All by itself. So I am supposed to be picking up this No. 5 jungle carbine this next weekend.

DSCF0597.jpg

DSCF0596.jpg

DSCF0595-1.jpg

DSCF0592-1.jpg

Yeah, it starts all innocent like..."Oh can me chum No5 pop over?" and then more show up, and like that your house is full of hooligan No1MkIII's and drunk wanker No4 Mk1's leer'in at your Remingtons...

You'll never get their arses out of your flat....:)

img0277dh.jpg

By p99guy, shot with Canon PowerShot SX20 IS at 2010-03-03

p99guy said:
Yeah, it starts all innocent like..."Oh can me chum No5 pop over?" and then more show up, and like that your house is full of hooligan No1MkIII's and drunk wanker No4 Mk1's leer'in at your Remingtons...

You'll never get their arses out of your flat....

Nice accumulation of Brit hardware you got. It's amazing how fast they multiply. it starts with one or two and the next thing you know it's well over a dozen with parts for three or four more.

enfields12-24-09.jpg

sniper001.jpg

enfield202.jpg

PICT0022.jpg

Good move Gandog. It looks really good and has an identical brother (V 540) in my house.

These are so much easier to aim (not to mention walking through woods), and even better kneeling, as you try to zap the "insurgent plastic bottle" before it spots you. But these handier guns interested me in buying a #4.

The #5 recoil was less than I had expected, and am 5' 11", fairly skinny. My only recoil pad stays on the SKS just to lengthen the stock.

Were the Vs built by BSA?

Last edited:
Help New guy with ????

Just found this forum, jumping right in:) I am re fininshing a 1942 Mosin I just got shooting it tommorrow. Any way I have a enfield one of the ones chambered for 7.62 nato that had a broken extractor when I got it. I replaced the exctactor with no problems but the bolt will not close now without a cartridge or an empty in the chamber. Looking in to the chamber it looks like the damaged extractor broke the edge of the slot it goes into when the previous owned forced it in. Would this be possible to smooth back out if the barrel were pulled ? or do I need a new barrell . If so anyone know who would have one? and a magizine I dident get one with the gun .Thanks

group17, how about some more info on your Parker Hale Maltby sporter. Did PH mod it or is it just PH parts? I have a soft spot for the old time sporters.

waywardbills, a gunsmith may be able to smooth that burr out with a chamber reamer. 7.62 is pretty common, you may be able to find a local smith for that. The chamber on the LE is pretty generous, you might try taking the burr off with a needle file. Super glue a tiny piece of emery cloth to a empty cartridge, thread a brass rod into the primer pocket and you have a bubba reamer.

a gunsmith may be able to smooth that burr out with a chamber reamer. 7.62 is pretty common, you may be able to find a local smith for that. The chamber on the LE is pretty generous, you might try taking the burr off with a needle file. Super glue a tiny piece of emery cloth to a empty cartridge, thread a brass rod into the primer pocket and you have a bubba reamer

Thanks, I may try the bubba cartdridge reamer, Thats a great technique Thanks for the help.

Back