So, my grandmother gave me a pistol today....

tlxsess

Inactive
I have a few questions about an interesting pistol my grandmother gave me today. It is a Colt Junior in .22 short. I would like to know when it was produced, approximate value if possible and mabye just a little background info on this piece. Thank you in advance for all of your help. -Chris

Numbers on frame and slide read: 23546cc

The slide reads " Colt's Pt.F.A. Mfg. Co. Hartford Ct. U.S.A. yet the frame reads "made is spain for colt's"

ColtJunior001SMALL.jpg

ColtJunior005SMALL.jpg

ColtJunior009SMALL.jpg

Here's mine: :)

Jr-Colt-1.jpg

They were made in Spain in the 1960s and imported for Colt. The 1968 GCA banned their importation and they went away after that. They came in .22 Short and .25 ACP.

They were made by Astra (Unceta) for Colt. The same gun was marketed as the Astra "Cub." Production started in the late 1950s. After 1968, frames were made in the US, but all other parts were made by Astra. Your gun was made 100% by Astra. An extended barrel version was marketed as the Astra "Camper" in .22 short. Several finishes, including engraving, were available. The Colt was available in blued and possibly chromed. They are nice little guns.
Bill

worth around 250-320 depending on condition etc yours looks to be on the higher end of the scale, this is going by the blue book and may or may not mean a darn thing in the real world;)

Marcus
Your gun is one of the post-'68 USA made frames. I believe F.I. (Firearms International) actually made these-as they sold this model for a short while after Colt stopped marketing this gun.
Bill

With the box and paperwork and the pistol in what appears to be excellent condition I would think this should bring between $500 to $600.

After passage of GCA 68, Colt could not import those pistols from Spain, but for a while they had frames made in Florida and and the rest of the parts imported from Spain. The guns were assembled in Florida.

The result was a higher price and that, combined with lack of interest, caused Colt to drop the item.

Jim

Back