Votes: 16 25.0%
  • S&W 60

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • S&W 649

Votes: 13 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Linegrind

I was just looking for some other opinions on the weapons in question.
I like the FNX45 as a farm and open carry gun. I've shot it and loved it.

The Model 60 is just a beautiful gun and I'd like to pick one up for a CCW option smaller than my 686+ 5"

The S&W 649 would be a summer carry and pocket carry gun for me and of the little pocket 357's it's the one I settled on.

The CZ would fill the gap between my M&P9 and M&P9c. I'm not really interested in a G19 right now and my GF rented one of these puppies and I've never shot a tighter group in my life. I'd need to get the semi ambi version as a lefty for carry use though.

They can all be had in that $600 price range give or take $200 depending on new, used and who's selling. This would be a gun I'd have to save my pennies for (upgraded from my 94 Ext cab Silverado 350 to a 2010 GMC Crew with the 6.2 so my gun funds are dry.)

Last edited:
I eventually want to pick up a CZ to fill the gap in my personal collection of a full size 9mm. So I voted for the CZ. You can't really go wrong with any of those options though.

My pick is the S&W 60, but the FN FNX45 dose look interesting. A little research and i might be persuaded.

I don't think there's a bad option, but I'm a big FNX fan. It's on my list for sure, probably in 9mm though.

I appreciate the feed back, right now I'm kinda all over the place. One day I want the FNX45 and the next day I'm eyeing up a Model 60. If I went the 60 route I have to agree the 3" is the way to go. I'm not normally a fan of snubs. and if I got one like the 649 I'd likely use it with 38's anywho.

649 just because of pocket carry idea

Frankly, I have a model 60 in .357 and love it, but the 3 inch barrel makes it not a good choice for pocket carry. For that reason I voted for the 649. With the shorter barrel and combat sights it fits that role better.

I eventually want to pick up a CZ to fill the gap in my personal collection of a full size 9mm. So I voted for the CZ. You can't really go wrong with any of those options though.

^^^ I'm in the same boat which is why I voted CZ also if you know you will shoot it well and you loved it when you shot it... what more could you ask for?!

So I'm thinking about my next gun
Aren't we all?:D
It's called the short list. We all, or most anyway have them. Just get the one that revs your motor the most right now, and work at getting the rest later.
The biggest problem is that items on the short list are like mushrooms. You pick one, and another pops up on the list:D
For me it would be the CZ. Only because it shares a place ony own "short list".

Linegrind said:
The CZ would fill the gap between my M&P9 and M&P9c. I'm not really interested in a G19 right now and my GF rented one of these puppies and I've never shot a tighter group in my life. I'd need to get the semi ambi version as a lefty for carry use though.

Based on the above, you should own a gun you have proven for yourself that you shoot well, this seems like the obvious choice!

Last edited:
Voted for the 649, since it would be a new capability. The CZ is another duty sized pistol, not very different than what you have now.

The CZ75 P01 is not quite a duty sized pistol. It's a little closer in size to a Glock 19. The CZ75 SP01 would be the full sized duty version.

The CZ75 P01 is not quite a duty sized pistol. It's a little closer in size to a Glock 19. The CZ75 SP01 would be the full sized duty version.

I see your point. It's a fuzzy area, though.

The CZ 75 is a fullsize pistol, the P01 is a compact pistol, but I'd argue their both duty sized.

Either way, many police departments issue the Glock 19 as a primary duty weapon, just as the Czech police issue the P01 as their primary duty sidearm.

Back