So I Have A Dilemma.....

gandog56

...Somebody wants to trade me a Hungarian M95 for a Mosin Nagant. I have an Austrian one, and it is a fine shooter, but would like it's cousin to make a set. The problem is, he wants my M38 for it. Now I have 10 Mosin Nagants, but only one of them is an M38. It is mismatched, has a counterbore, an M44 stock, and is probably the worst shooter of all my MN's, but it's the ONLY one I have of that model. I am trying to talk him into a Finn capture SA stamped barrel 91/30 instead. If he holds out for the M38, should I make the deal?

around here Big 5 has the M95's for $100. either way, with the 91/30 or the M38, i think you would be getting the short end of the stick.

I think that I'd agree with Pelo801 - the M95s are relatively common, more so, I think, than M38s or Finn 91/30s.

Check with outfits like SOG or J&G to see if they've got some M95s - I think that you'll find them in the $100 (with shipping) range.

Check with outfits like SOG or J&G to see if they've got some M95s - I think that you'll find them in the $100 (with shipping) range.

Not to sure about that. Bought my M38 for 80 bucks + shipping, seems like my M95 was also about the same, and I bought them pretty close together. And did I mention it is my LEAST accurate Mosin?

As for my Finn 91/30, it was 90 bucks, and does not shoot all that well. Looks like previous owner did not do much after firing corrosive milsurp.

So I don't really think the costs are stopping anything.

Back