So I got my first guns, I could use....

pedro45

a little advice, please, on
1) where to find good CC holsters for my Ruger LCR .38 and my Ruger SR9; both shoulder and inside waste band styles (or inside pocket for the LCR).
Sure, I google them and get five million hits, none of which give me any straight info. So any hands on or good personal experience advice would be great; you know, a place where you can try 'em on, personal suggestions, etc.
THanks, Pete

One place to start might be Amazon. They usually carry a decent mix of holsters and you can read the various customer reviews.

Also, look at retailers like Brownells, Top Gun Supply and Midway they all have a decent reputation.

Don’t get too discouraged if your first selection doesn’t work out most of us have a box of rejected holsters stashed away somewhere.

inside waste band styles (or inside pocket for the LCR).

Desantis Nemesis or Mica, for a pocket holster.

a little advice, please, on

Going through the process now, now that this benighted People's Republic has, at last, started issuing carry permits.

The whole thing is a system. Gun, holster and belt all have to work together. Unless you're going to go with pocket carry, it is absolutely necessary to get a decent belt.

Thanks, Folks, in fact I am going JUne 7th to the gun show in Mass. I live in Lee, Mass off the Pike so it's tougher out here, no place to rent guns n try 'em out, no great ranges or large stores with big stock. I'm actually making a weekend of going to Mass Arms school to take more training soon, take their Utah course. Thsanks again

For IWB, I have a Theis and a Crossbreed Supertuck. Both work very well.

While you're at the gun show, you might also take some time to look at gunbelts. Having a proper belt goes a long way towards making CC more comfortable, and less noticeable. If you're constantly hitching up your pants on one side, someone just might notice.

I prefer Kramer ...horsehide leather...on all of my holsters. He makes a great product ! ( they're not cheap / but they may be a holster you'll be happy to still have 25 yrs or more, from now...)...

For inside the waistband I like the crossbreed super tuck. I recently starting wearing an alien gear IWB that I won in a raffle and must say for the price its a nice holster. Its not as nice as the crossbreed but it cost less than half what I paid for my supertuck.

You can try some of the most popular holsters out there by buying them online or try them out before hand at a store. The thing is, don't be surprised if you end up with a drawer or bin of holsters since you might find something that suits you better than the previous one. Don't forget a good gun belt as well. A store bought thick leather belt seems good enough until you use it daily. I like Wilderness belts 5 stitch without insert http://www.thewilderness.com/index.php?p=home, but there are tons of good leather belts out there as well. The Beltman is one I can think of off the top of my head. http://www.thebeltman.net/

What Naka said above. Get a good gun belt, the ones with the kevlar or metal insert, it will help you draw and reholster. Not to mention keep your pants up.;)

Back