So. Carolina rut

NHSHOOTER

I am heading down to So Carolina at the end of this week for a week of hopefully buck hunting, does are secondary but I do have tags. Any thoughts what the rut will be doing by the the about the 22nd or so of October? Do any of you think its the weather or is it moon phase?..

Depends on where you are. Prior to Matthew is was going strong in my coastal region. Inland I have no idea. For us, the first rut will be wrapping up, the second will be shortly after by about a week. We went from very little daytime movement and pics on feeders to a ton of pics and sign everywhere after the hurricane. It's cooled off a good bit too so, that helps.

Bring deer, Thermacell and bug suit. The mosquitos are downright biblical plague strength. Big too, I had one turn off my Thermacell, look at me and say you don't need that, now it's time for my lunch. I shot it with the .308 and it brought the bullet back. Another one chugged a whole can of Permethrin.

Good luck.

Thanks Saltydog, I will be hunting inland around Leesville, no rut activity yet but my buddy says he thinks they are starting to move more. I have thermacell and a 44 to keep in the blind just for the bigger moskeeters..Will let you know how I do.

Back