So.Cal shoot?

simon jester

The guys at AK-47.net & AR15.com are doing a shoot at Burro Canyon or Angeles Sat.Nov.11th, anyone in the area here interested?

------------------
"i do believe that where there is a choice between cowardice and violence,I would advise violence" Ghandi

Basic format + pumpkins and rosie dolls :D

------------------
"i do believe that where there is a choice between cowardice and violence,I would advise violence" Ghandi

Greetings,

Yes. I think Cal. TFL'rs should get together. I'm up in the Santa Barbara area, but I get the feeling a lot of Cal TFL'rs are southerns. Can you give directions? Oh, and Simon check your email :).

Regards,

Ledbetter

From SB, take the 101 South (like you have a choice) and just stay in the left 2 lanes during transitions. It should take you to the 134 East to the 210 East and exit the 210 on Azusa Ave. Head north into Azusa Canyon. You'll see a bridge that goes off to the right, cross it and the entry to the range is about 200 yards on the left. The road to the range takes you up some switchbacks and finally dumps you in front of the range. I couldn't tell you which range will be used (there are 3 to my knowledge).

range will be the first you come to ,the lower rifle range.You have to drive past it up the hill to the range house to pay and get targets and frames,if wanted.you going?

------------------

I don't think I made it clear that the bridge mentioned is quite a ways into the canyon. I think there's one just after the ranger station, but that is not it. The one you want to cross has a 3-way stop and a sign that says something like, "Burro Canyon Shooting Area" and an arrow. There is an off road vehicle area right under the bridge (bridge is 100 feet or so when the water is low).

Greets,

This meet is on for Saturday morning, two days from now. Should be fun. I'm bringing a Mossberg 590A1 with a Trijicon Reflex sight for slugging it out with Rosie and a .45 carbine with a 2x scope for the paper plate shoot. My cousin and his son are bringing the evil assault weapons. Hope to see some TFL'rs there.

Regards,

Ledbetter

Hey this actually happened!

Several California TFL'rs actually got together and shot. For a while, we were all in the same place and didn't know it. Destruct06, Lean Green Machine (?), a fellow named Dennis, simon jester and I were there, as were Sluggo, Lordtrader Al, Rich and others from evilassaultrifles.com/net, to whom I lost $5 by way of my Mech-Tech Carbine Conversion Unit (warning--do not go up against a competition grade battle rifle with one of these). Photos are coming. It was a cool and beautiful morning in the canyons.

Regards,

Ledbetter

Back