So about that Gothic gun...

samsmix

That post was not a troll. I had a very gothic wife who was to be the recipient, and I kinda looked forward to the build. It turned out to be an itch I never could quite scratch. The best candidate was a short barreled Webley, polished and black chromed, with silver inlaid spiderwebs on ebony grips. It was to have it's cylinder machined for .45ACP in moon clips, and be both effective and stylish. It was a bid to make her more enthusiastic about shooting, but it was never to be.

As it turned out it was easier to get a new wife than a handgun for the old one. This wife came into the marriage with guns of her own, and would rather get a new firearm as she would chocolates or flowers. She is a great Hunting, Fishing and Shooting partner, and doesn't need me do do any of it for her. She packs a Springfield XD .40 Subcompact, and shoots it very well indeed.

But thanks for all the suggestions back then. It was fun speculating and brainstorming with y'all. Future progects will likely be a bit more between the lines...lol

No, no link. I sort of disappear from TFL for a year or two at a crack sometimes. Everyone thought it was a troll at the time or wondered if some comic book kid was posting in my name, but I really was serious. This would have been around late 2011-mid 2012.

Yeah, it might have been fun to do...hell it still would if she were funding it...but I ain't laying out the cash. ;). It made sense at the time...sorta.

Last edited:
Guns & Ammo Magazine back in the late 80's had an article on Vampire guns. They came in a coffin shaped box with silver bullets and stakes.

Fun Stuff:

PH2010100100156.jpg

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/01/AR2010100100155.html

That's funny stuff! I was never into any of it myself, but the ex was WAY overboard. I'm more of a blued & walnut, denim & khaki kind of guy. We were an odd couple to say the least.

I've been craving an engraved gun for awhile. I see Pietta now offers deep laser engraving - looks better than the S&W laser engraving. I wouldn't mind having a revolver done up.

Back