snubby spare ammo

sox

a while back I posted for recommendations on spare ammo. Today I was at the gunshow and low and behold there it was- a solution. I picked up an uncle mike's drop pouch and 2x2x2 shell carrier. The drop pouch is nice- it has a velcro closure and can be carried on the belt or in the pocket with or without the speedstrip attached.

I keep a speedloader full of +p Golden Sabres in a speedloader in the armrest compartment. If I need to carry more than 5 rounds on my person, I'll carry a bigger gun.

Oaky sox, since you helped me with the pgs grips, i'll give you my secret for spare ammo. If you wear blue jeans a lot, you can stash a bianchi speed strip in that little pocket that sits just inside the right front. it feels like it was made for the strip, and you don't have to add more crap to your belt....

don't shoot it's me
Just for your info that pocket is called a watch pocket.Us old farts used to carry something called a pocket watch in them.:)

beemerb, "old fart" nothing. I've used a pocket watch since my late 20's.

Spending 8 hours with my hands on a keyboard and wrists on a desk made a regular watch real uncomfortable.

Besides, I think pocket watches are cool. Like good revolvers and stick-shift pickups, some things just work. :)

I called Levi Strauss today and asked them if they would put a second pocket on the other side for an additional speedstrip. They've had so many requests they told me they no longer call it a watch pocket. From now on it will be referred to as "the reloader". I'm calling Haggar tommorow and asking if they will put "the reloader" on theirs as well. BTW, i tried putting my rolex in that little pocket and it doesn't fit....some watch pocket......I

Don't Shoot, It's Me--can't believe you still buy Levis. That company is as anti-gun as it gets!

Let's not assist our enemies!!!!!!!!!!!!

I carry 6 rounds in Uncle Mikes pouch and a speedloader. Have filed on all my speedloaders so I can tell them apart in the dark. Same speedloader that fits a K frame will fit D frame colt.

NOT IN NEW YORK BUT........

I carry my extra rounds in another gun......

-----------------------------------------------

"all my handguns are loaded handguns"

I used to use that pocket for my Zippo too, when I wire Levis.

When I carry my snubbie, I usually pack a speed strip in the watch pocket of my jeans. When I carry the Model 19, I also have a double dump pouch on my belt. They might be slower on reloads than speed strips or speed loaders, but they're flat and a convenient method to carry 12 extra rounds. For a quick reload, I'd go for the speed strip first.

Speed loaders are great, but I have not figured out a way to carry them on my person other than the double speedloader pouch, which is rather bulky.

SpeedStrips are great.

Dillon makes a pricey little pouch designed to hold one with the pull-tab sticking out. I just put mine and a speedloader loose into my front pocket(when not in tight jeans:)).

For those of you that prefer HKS loaders, they can be carried on the belt. Just put 3 rounds behind the belt, and the remainder in front of the belt. Wrap some velcro tape of the proper length around the loader, and cut a slit for the knob to protrude. Fold over the end piece to give yourself an inch or so to grab onto that won't stick to the mating surface underneath.

I actually wear wranglers because they fit better. I used Levi's because it was more user friendly for a joke....BTW, I didn't know they aren't gun friendly...wazzup with that? Fill me in.

I've got a speedloader in each vehicle. For on the body(when I carry a revolver), I like the speed strips.

Back