Sniper: The White Raven

stagpanther

Just watched this movie (I'm very partial to sniper movies) and it is superb as well as being contemporary in topic. The most interesting part is the mix of eastern and western rifles and scopes used by both sides, I recognized most of the gear and wonder if it truly is that mixed in the actual battle for Ukraine.

"I recognized most of the gear and wonder if it truly is that mixed in the actual battle for Ukraine."

I haven't seen the movie but a thought occured to me. I've heard of many firearms picked and hidden right after WW2. Might some of those be of that origin?
Paul B.

As I understand it, the Ukraine was invaded and citizens as well as formed military units are fighting. ANY combination of gear is possible in that kind of situation. They'll be using everything they have, and can get.

Lots of modern American gear used in it and very good chassis used on rem 700's--as well as some excellent SVD dragunov rigs. the Russian bad guy has a predilection for a Barret 50 cal I believe. Was kinda fun seeing the snipers' perspective through the scopes--except for a couple of the Russian optics I have the same reticles on my scopes. Among sniper movies a real stand-out.

Last edited:
We've been providing materiel and training to people inside the ukraine since 2014 on a fairly significant scale.

Back