Sneaky Pete question

groverdill

I was looking at these a few months back, but wrote them off due to their size. However, I'm wondering how they work underneath a t-shirt. All the pics I see are with a tucked in dress shirt, which is what they're marketing towards. But I'm thinking a square print under an untucked t-shirt would be better than a gun-shaped print, right? :confused:

Mike

groverdill said:
I was looking at these a few months back, but wrote them off due to their size. However, I'm wondering how they work underneath a t-shirt. All the pics I see are with a tucked in dress shirt, which is what they're marketing towards. But I'm thinking a square print under an untucked t-shirt would be better than a gun-shaped print, right?

Were I to use this holster, I would not attempt to cover it up with something like a T-shirt. The size appears to be too big and bulky, and think it would look more awkward than having it exposed on your hip.

Further, with it being a flap style holster, your draw is going to be compromised- you have to raise your cover garment and manipulate the flap to draw your (very tiny) weapon.

Last edited:
When I wear mine (for a Walther PPK) it is most often exposed for all to see with a tucked in shirt. No one pays any attention. To 99% of the world it is just a phone/tablet/Ipad holder. I'd never put it under a shirt, but on occasion have worn a vest or coat if the weather dictated.

I got one for Christmas and wrote a review here:

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=540605

IMO, the Sneaky Pete is meant to "hide in plain sight". I wear mine with regular office attire. It's bulky to wear under an untucked shirt and creates more of a bulge than a gun in a holster. it works well when I have to leave it in the car. I can just unclip it from my belt without unholstering the gun where someone may see it

Wow, congrats on the Walther PPK. I've always loved the gun (James Bond, my favorite movie character/series) but when I shot one I couldn't get a good grip without the slide biting me!

On the PPK....Aftermarket wood grips help..not the most fun gun to shoot but it started out as my duty backup gun in about 1989 in an ankle holster then later in a body armor holster. I've had it too long to ever part with it.

Saw my first one a couple of weeks ago. Customer was wearing it, and I immediately recognized it for what it is...natch let him know, too...:)

However, that's only because I looked into them before. To anyone else, they're just a PDA or electronic device holder.

Back