Sneaky Pete holster review

Auto5

In response to my not-so-subtle hints, my wife got me the Sneaky Pete concealment holster for my Ruger LCP. It is worn on the belt and made to look like a case for an electronic device.

The holster is available in a few different colors and finishes, with either a clip or belt loops. In keeping with the low profile mission, I got the basic black leather. It is well made and I like the magnet closure as being easier and quieter than the velcro found on cheaper similar holsters. (First photo) Although belt loops would be more secure, I got the clip model. It's a standard steel belt clip and seems secure enough, although the holster can slide on the belt. (Second photo).

No tech savvy person is going to mistake this for a cell phone case. The model for my LCP is considerably wider (shown here next to a Samsung Galaxy phone and other common items for comparison (third photo). One made for a slightly larger pistol
might resemble a case for a 7 inch tablet or one of those tablet phone hybrids, but I dont know of anyone who carries a tablet on their belt.

It's not a quick draw rig either. At best, its still a flap holster. Mine is a bit tight, but it should loosen with use. The real benefit of this rig is that it meets most LEGAL requirements for
concealment. No part of the weapon is exposed and the holster does not have a gun silhouette. Since much of my day is spent going in and out of prohibited carry places, the belt clip makes it easy to remove and lock in the console or trunk without inadvertently exposing the weapon. I'm not a big fan of tucking a shirt over my gun. In normal business attire, I can remove my sportcoat or suit jacket in my office (I own the business) and still be discreetly armed. If I unload the gun, the holster also doubles as a case for transport purposes.

All in all, this is a comfortable well made product that fits a specific niche in the holster world.

Hope this works.

Attachments

• 20140110_072307(1).jpg
    20140110_072307(1).jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 20140110_072406(1).jpg
    20140110_072406(1).jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 20140110_072231(1).jpg
    20140110_072231(1).jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 57
Thanks Auto 5, I have been waiting for a credible user review of these holsters.

Are the SP's right/left handed or will the pistol slide in either direction? I ask because I often carry a LCP as a second to a service pistol, carried on the strong side. I'll take a look at their website again.

Sarge,

They are right or left hand only. There is a molded insert inside so that the gun only goes in one way. If you wore it on the opposite side it would be in crossdraw position.

Back