Snap caps specifically designed for revolvers

liv4spd

I just got my LCR back from Ruger after a warranty service. The threw in a set of 8-shot snap caps. Unlike regular snap caps, they have a one-piece design with a built-in moon clip. There are dimples in areas where the hammer will hit. It is just awesome.

I wonder if anyone knows what they are called? Thanks.

Thanks for the photo.
(Says the guy that might rather go to the dentist than to figure out how to post a photo again.)
Much appreciated.

Not sure what the purpose of this is but I don’t think it’s a snap cap. The cutouts in the rim won’t protect the striker thus not performing the basic function of a snap cap. Just a guess though.

I bought a New Ruger GP 100 .22 revolver a few years ago and it came with that. I've seen them in other new .22 revolvers as well. I've only seen them in .22 double actions as I recall.

For .22s, I use yellow #4 wall anchors - 100 cost about $4
For my other revolvers, I use AZOOMS- technically a training dummy - they also work well as snap caps

revolver snapcaps

for my .38sp and .357 I use A-Zoom. for the .22lr i have some small plastic ones I got many years ago from Cabelas, but you could also use wall anchors or even spent .22lr shells

Back