Snake boots for women

2damnold4this

What are some good snake boots for women? My wife and daughter are interested in some protection against snakes. What boots work well for the ladies?

Personally I prefer snake gaitors over boots. I already have several pairs of good boots. the gaitors cost about 1/2 what a decent pair of snake boots cost and will last much longer. Much more versatile too. You choose the boots necessary for the terrain and if in an area with no snakes you take the gaitors off and just wear the boots.

That's certainly an option, jmr40. I really like my Danner Jackals but like all the boots at the Gander Mountain link, they are sized for men. I suppose some men's snake boots might work fine for women but it's important that the boot fit properly. It might be better for my wife and daughter to use gaitors over a well fitted woman's boot that isn't snake proof.

Snake boots for women
Sounds like a fair trade, I suppose. I mean, the snakes aren't likely to notice if their boots are missing, and if the women bite, it won't kill ya. Just saying, ya know.;)

Russell Moccasin will make custom snake boots to fit.

I have had several pairs of Russell boots and they are worth every penny as they will last a lifetime and can be resoled and rebuilt by Russell.

I currently have a pair of Professional Hunter (PH) boots with a Turtleskin inter-layer between the outer canvas and inner leather liner. The Turtleskin is impervious to snake bites and cactus thorns and can be incorporated into most of the boots Russell makes.

The standard Russell snake boots are pull-on style as they provide the same level of protection around the entire leg where lace-up boots cannot provide full protection in the tongue area of the boot. The Turkey Hunters with Turtleskin would be an example of a calf-high lace-up boot.

Another option would be Gokey Custom Snake Boots.

Gokey is now owned by Orvis, but they still will make custom boots. As with Russell, they are a lifetime boot and can be resoled and rebuilt.

A final option would be custom boots from WESCO. While they do not make a specific snake boot, a pair of custom height Women's Boss boots could be made with heavy leather plus a leather inner liner could work.

I have a pair of WESCO custom boots and they are truly a heavy-duty boot that will provide decades of wear.

After owning 2 different brands of snake boots, when the current ones wear out I'm going with gaitors. I'd much rather have the flexibility to pick a lightweight low-cut boot when the weather is hot and dry and a high-top rubber boot when it's wet.

Back