Smiths in north central PA??

kilotanker22

Any Smiths here from my neck of the woods?

I live In North central Pennsylvania, 1 hour north of Williamsport and Just a few miles from the NY border.

Looking for someone to work on a couple projects in the coming months.

That's not too far from me.

I will have to look you guys up when I am ready. I am gonna gather components before I hire someone to do the work for me.

A Savage is one project.

I also have a Remington 700 build in mind. As well as a Model 70 or commercial Mauser build. I am planning to finish them in the next 12 months.

I have been wanting a 300 PRC, but the length of a standard long action mag box might be a problem with that. If used the way it was meant to be used I think.

The Saami Drawing for it shows a COAL of 3.575-3.700. if that is the case then I will probably buy a Remington 700 RUM action to build that on.

I also want to build a 280 AI, 6.5 WSM or 6.5 PRC. The later two although being short action Cartridges. Would be better served I think. Built on a long action. For either of those two cartridges. To seat the bullets as far out of the case as I intend to. A short action mag box will be too short.

Even Factory loaded 6.5 PRC will not fit into many short action magazines.

I may build some of them on a Savage, but it is likely that they will be Remington 700 or Model 70 actions. Possibly even one of my XPR actions. They too use a barrel nut system.

Back