Smith & Wesson M639 ?

Ron L

I've been thinking about picking up a new pistol soon and I remember quite a few years ago (more years ago than I care to admit) picking up a SW model 639 at a Gun Show. The pistol was 9 mm, stainless, had adjustable sights, and was fairly slender because it only used a 8 round clip. I don't know what it was, but there was something about that pistol that I've always remembered when considering another pistol purchase.

Does anybody remember this pistol? Any personal experience with it? Any idea what a fairly decent used example would sell for?

TIA

------------------
Ron

Detroit Area Chapter
Terra-Haute Torque & Recoil Society

Well not quite the m639.... I have the mod 39-2 this is the early blue version. I paid $240 about 6yrs ago for one with 3 mags. "Two were m52 mags." I used to get a lot of greif when I carried it until a few range sessions. It always worked, was slender, and went full auto on me. :) :) "not exactly it just started doing double taps with one trigger pull. It was "almost" nice to have. But I sent it off for repairs and pulled my 1911A1 out for use. Darn thing seemed so heavy after the S&W.
I haven't seen the price on the 639 but looked at another 39-2 for $300 same price as the 669, 6906. So I feel that is way over priced. Heck you can get a NIB 915 for $330 back in December. Good hunting.

Back