smith wesson k.32

Oldman11

What do i need to look for when buying a k.32 ? There is one on gun broker im looking at ?Im a poor boy but i want one to go wih the k.22 and the k.38 i already have.

Are you looking at the reissue 32 H&R Mag or the original? That original looks well used. There is nothing unique to look for, just what you would normally check: cylinder gap, head shake, function, lockup, bore, forcing cone. The seller states function is good and lockup tight. You can and should ask him about the other things, but you always take a risk when you can't handle the gun in person. Such is life with on line buying.

The .k32 i looked at is back on gun broker,i wish it would go away,my wife said no. I guess im going to pass this time.

I looked for years (hell, decades) for a K32 but prices rising towards the stratosphere always kept me away...finally, S&W came out with the Model 16 in .32 H&R and I quickly acquired a 4" bbl'd one. Great gun, very accurate, maybe the best Smith I've ever owned in that regard...but it's got that abominable full lug that makes it just too heavy to carry. Granted, a K frame is a bit big for any .32, but why the lug adding that much add'l weight? Had Smith contoured the gun like a Model 18 .22 LR, i.e. w/o the lug, I'd have been much happier.

Lastly, I found that I really liked the .32 H&R round for its versatility...1150 fps 100 gr LSWC's = no problem. Same for light target loads at 700 fps. And they all shoot into nice little sub-2" groups at 25 yds. = no need for the diminutive .32 Long. So in the end, I pine for a non-lugged Model 16 in .32 H&R...one with a 4" tube, if you please! And while we're about it, get rid of that patridge front sight and give me a solid Baughmann.

Rod

Back