Smith & Wesson CS-1, 2-M

red90harley

Inactive
Back in the early 90’s I was a detective at a sheriffs office and a fellow officer, also a good friend and I each bought a 3” CS1, 2M revolver. Several years later I sold mine due to a divorce but my friend kept his. Skipping over the years to the present my friend is in bad health and I had the opportunity to purchase his. I did so and am just inquiring about it. This revolver has the box, cleaning rod, screwdriver, combat grips and the small wooden grips. It has never been fired to my knowledge, just locked up through the ages. Any input would be great. I originally gave his wife $400 for it but after a little checking I sent a check for another $400. I feel it was a great buy. Thanks.

Last edited:
I got curious and did some research (that is, I put Smith & Wesson CS-1, 2-M into Google :D).

CS-1 is United States Customs Service. 2M is the recall number for the firing pin bushing having been completed. They seem to be a variant of a S&W 686.

Some detailed info can be found at these sites:

http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-re...563623-whats-better-than-one-rare-cs1-2m.html

http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-revolvers-1980-present/231410-us-customs-service-686-cs-1-a.html

A very nice, IMhO, revolver and nice that you gave them the second check.

Thanks for the info. I have seen posts on the Smith & Wesson forum from early to mid 2000. Nothing more up to date. Once I found more about the pistol I had to be fair.

Would anyone know a value in today’s market? Not that I’m selling but would like to know a value for insurance purposes. Thanks.

I have a copy of the parts list for CS-1’s somewhere. There are 19 or 20 parts built to Customs Service specs. It made for an extremely tight gun.
The 2M guns should bring higher prices because the 2 was stamped at Glenco meaning that those guns likely saw service. Also, most boxes were thrown away so those add value too.
The 3” typically bring more than the 4” models. By the way, if you ever see a 6” CS-1 grab it. There were only a few (less than 10) made for the Customs shooting team.

I work for CBP… and sort of want to get a CS-1 for the history. Maybe after I get the addition done.

But I’ll probably get a .40 P2000 LEM first, being that’s what I went thru FLETC with.

Back