Smith & Wesson Classic In .45 Colt?

model of 1989

S&W made a bunch of different guns and alot of them were labeled as above. I believe during this period they made a .45Colt, unfluted full lug.My book isn't handy but a run of 1,000 to 1,500 sounds about right.
I assume you know that this gun is not recommended for high pressure loads. Many of the 'gungurus' consider it a step above Colts and there clones but never load it any where near the Ruger or Freedom Arms revo.Best....dewey...:cool:

I have a S&W 625-5 in 45LC, with 5" barrel and it has a fluted cylinder (to match my 625-4 in 45acp). A friend of mine has a 625-7 in 45LC with 5" barrel and an unfluted barrel. The only difference between the 45LC and the 45ACP (besides cylinder length) is the 45LC has a bright stainless finish instead of the typical bead blast finish the 45ACP gun. Hope this helps, larkworthy

625s Warm Loads And Upgrades

dewey, thanks for the reply! Yes, I'm aware of the Smiths pressure limitations and use Linebaughs articles on his Smith and 300gners.
I've been shooting a Smith Mtn Gun in 4 inch with spectacular results with Laser Cast 300s, now to find a longer barreled verion with the underlug.
It don't matter on the flutes or not but I would like to find the newer version that's sposed to have the upgraded parts etc? Is it after dash 5s that are upgraded?
Thanks larkworthy, a five inch would be great! Course a matching six and eight would complete my collection..Roy

I am not sure about the upgraded parts. I know my 625-4 mountain gun and my 625-4 5" full lug have blue triggers and hammers with the firing pin in the hammer. The 625-5 has a stainless trigger and hammer w/firing pin. My 625-7 3" 45LC has a frame mounted firing pin.

larkworthy

Back