smith&wesson 910 9mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

SW MAN

Inactive
can anyone tell me anything about the smith and wesson 910 9mm? is it a good pistol and reliable , i just ordered one . Thank you

I own the Model 909, same pistol just in a single stack 9 shot variant. Have no problems or complaints about the gun. I was actually surprised with this guns accuracy.

I had the opportunity to shoot one of these, and let me tell ya. I loved it !

Very accurate,no problems. I would reccomend it.

------------------
TIM : )

I bought a model 910 two weeks ago at a local gun shop for $379 with a case lock and two stainless steel mags.

I put 150 rnds of umc through it the next day and I was supprised at the seemingly light recoil. The accuracy was excellent and the gun functioned flawlessly.

The weight and slim contours combined with the fact that you can still get preban 15round mags for it made it appear more concealable than the sig I looked at (228)

The fit and finish seem excellent even though it is not stainless steel.
T lack of fancy decorative machining on the
slide but the ame internals as all of the
S&W third generation models make this gun an excellent value.

The barrells are even fitted to the slide with a barrel bushing and a bulb joint end barrell which enhances the accuracy.

I am very pleased with mine but I like the stainless 4006, the 410 is much more reasonably priced.

------------------
Master Blaster

When I was considering the S&W 910 the shop owner and I examined the pistol carefully and disassembled it.

He and I noted the following quality features:

The bore and the feed ramp appear to be chrome plated, the feed ramp polished, chamber throated.

Most internals are stainless as in the more expensive S&W pistols.

Barrel bushing and bulb end barrel had a tight fit indicating hand fitting.

I also noted when the shop owner and I were comparing it to a sig ($629 factory new, $559
used) that the fit of all the parts was very tight and the rails had a dovetail shape added to the normal interlocking structure.

It also fits my hands very well, SIG grips seemed large (like the price).

The dove tail will keep the fit tight as wear occurs by action of the magazine spring pushing up on the underside of the slide it appears?

It appears to be a rugged and well designed tool. The shop owner also said that many Law enforcement departments used S&W autos with excellent reliability.

I also own a ruger p89 so I am the king of reasonably priced american guns.

The S&W has a lighter recoil than the bigger heavier Ruger this surprised me.

It may be because the guide rod has an internal spring as well as a recoil spring?
The internal spring only acctuates a small
plunger so I don't see how this affects the
recoil so much.

Any body know what ammo is most accurate in these I shoot UMC 9mm because it always on sale for 69.98 a case at my local gunshop

I bought a blue S&W 915 with several 15-round mags 5 years ago on sale; this is a predecessor of the 910. Although I only go to the range 6-7 times a year, I shoot at least 300 rounds per session. I have NEVER had a misfire of any type since I purchased the pistol. It aims easily, recoil is mild, and accuracy is acceptable. I don't see how I could do better. I practice with American Eagle 115 or 124-grain cartridges for economy, but depend on 124-grain Federal Nyclads for home defense (84% one-shot-stops, per Marshall, and about $20 per box of 50.) S&W's "3rd generation" 9mm's are perfection; their subsequent Sigma-series pistols are no match for them.

Never has a single problem with a S&W 6906, chewed right through the cheapest factory ammo it was fed. A buddy of mine has a S&W 915 (same as the 910 except with the preban 15 rounds mags). It functioned without a hitch. Trigger pull was very good in SA and DA mode. Surprisingly accurate and mildly recoiling. Searcg dejanews, I remember plenty of posts about the 910 about a year back. The 910s are affordable but they're not cheap in quality by a long shot.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back