Smith & Wesson 41 suppressed finally

Polomax

Just got back my S&W 41 from the Gunsmith which was being threaded for my suppressor, and found out he threaded it 5/8-24 reverse thread I guess Soundtech roll with that thread size for there Silencers ???? He said it would not get lose while shooting it aaaah ok I guess anyway the waiting is over and I couldn`t ask for a nicer package. The GunSmith said it`s the only 41 he ever done and seen suppressed for that matter and it shoots like a dream. between my Walther P22 with a Omega can and the Smith 41 the Smith takes it hands down... a few pic`s of the complete lead tosser. :D:D:D

Attachments

• Soundtech.jpg
    Soundtech.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 292
  • Smith.jpg
    Smith.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 252
Geez, Wild...
It's obviously because of the spin imparted on the can from the bullet!:rolleyes:
Next question.
p

I really dunno being it`s a .22 you would figure that small of a caliber wouldn`t effect the can in any way ???? Oh well I gotta get used to screwing it on cause all my others are 1/2-28`s :)

I have seen pictures of other ones on various forums.
It looks like a fantastic pistol to surpress. Yours looks great.

I shoot pop cans with it a 25 and 30 yards with ease..... at 10 meters I can shoot same hole groups without any problems... Wish my Walther P22 did as good with the Omega can.... The only drawback with the 41/Soundtech setup is that the Soundtech can weighs almost as much as the 41 does lol !!!! :D

It is made from Stainless and is about 1/4 inch thick but thats cool as I use it on my 10/22 Sniper rifle and shoot Ground Hogs at 100 yards with it. It`s built like a tank and probibly would handle a TANK running over it also hahahaha....

Attachments

• Ruger.jpg
    Ruger.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 67
TOMBECK you lost me on this question.... it is just a 41 with a reverse threaded soundtech suppressor to me not sure what you mean about a slide lock ?????:confused:

He means to lock the breech so it does not cycle but becomes a manually operated repeater.

Anyone can do that by putting a Thumb on the back of the slide to hold it shut.

Oh I see..... No I have a Nylon slide buffer installed to take the noise out of the slide action when fired, the buffer really holds the slide noise way down instead of haveing that slap/clang each time the shell is ejected... I have never heard of holding your thumb on the slide didn`t even know that was possible without injury....

David is correct on the lock portion - holding my thumb on the slide??????????
Smith made some with the slide lock back in the 59 -61 period.

Back