Smith & Wesson 3906

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skorzeny

There is one of these being advertised on the KY Imports catalog and I am interested.

Can someone tell me more about it? So far, I've found out that it is a full-sized gun with a single-stack magazine and that this is the Third Generation model of the 39.

How reliable is it and how ergonomic is the grip for small hands? Also, are the trigger pulls for DA and SA good?

Thanks.

Skorzeny

------------------
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence. Sun Tzu

I have 10 years or more with the 3906's alloy 15 shot brother, daily carry, and about half that with the 3906's shorter alloy brother the 3914. I am 100% satisfied with them. The triggers are about 10-12 DA and 5-6 lb SA when new. They improve vastly with shooting, or with NP3 internals or most cheaply with an action job by Teddy Jacobsen of Actions by T. I don't know what the price is you are considering, but the 3rd gen Smiths are in my experience the best of the DA/SA autos if you like or are forced to use the system. I have seen lots and lots of rounds go down range in this type of weapon, and like to think I'm familiar with it, and have trained folks to use this system.

[This message has been edited by Jhp147 (edited November 29, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Jhp147 (edited November 29, 1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back