Smith to change Remington 700 SPS barrel...

Most gunsmiths can swap out a barrel, it would be good to know where you are located so you can find a local guy and what barrel brand would you like? Most of the better barrels are at least 60 days lead time.

Stephen Crooks in Mesa, Az. did mine. The guy knows his stuff and he CAN shoot.

You should be able to get him at 480-491-1770.

He does REALLY nice work.

"...at least 60 days lead time..." Probably longer too. Good smithies are very busy guys.
What do you consider 'Reasonable'? Just curious. You need to look in the Yellow Pages and call around for estimates of cost and time.

rcmark, I would ask around about the gunsmiths available in Arizona, as many can change a barrel, but how well they do it is another matter. Always check into their reputation and quality of their work. I have seen some who did bad jobs but charged exorbitant prices, and ones who did good work, that charged less, so depending on word of mouth is generally the best. I'd ask around a local range, or ask shooters from within the sate, as listed above. That means a lot.

I'd say it appears the the OP is in AZ. from the location he put in his information area.
It wasn't in the original post.

Are you wanting a target barrel or hunting? If you cant find a smith near you ship it to Shaw and you wont have to pay markup on the barrel.

PM sent.
Depends what you're looking for. If you want a full-on, blueprinted and highly accurate build suggest you contact Mark at Short Action Customs. Don't personally know him, but have heard good things.

Try Bob Green in York, PA. I have not had work done by him, but a lot of others have. He is well known for doing great work. I had called him once and found him to be a really nice guy. That is always a good start. I will try him in the future.

http://greensrifles.com/#2826

Danny

Back