Smith and Wesson model 910

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Blaster

I saw a Smith and Wesson Model 910 9mm at the gun shop. I held it and it fits my thin medium sized hands well and seems to be a natural pointer.

I dissassembled this gun and found it has the ball joint flared end barrel and a barrel bushing in the slide. The gun was light thin and confortable to hold with a 4 inch barrel and the capability of holding 15, or 17? rounds in a high cap and 10 rounds in a normal magazine.

This gun seems to be very well made and tight.

I went to a range near me and fired the gun, and it seems to shoot accurately.

I also noticed it seems to have an unusual finish what I thought were scratches in the bluing were actually where a softer metal had let a mark (my gold wedding ring) the "scratches" wiped off.

Does anyone own one it seems to be a very concealable full size (mid size) automatic.

Any opinions on this third generation S&W?

I own the Model 909, which is the 9 shot version. I consider it to be a very good gun for the money I paid for it. Accuracy is excellent, I have owned the gun for about 2 yrs now with about 1,000 trouble free rounds fired thru it.

I had the opportunity to fire one of these and it seemed to be very reliable and accurate. myself and 2 friends went tot he range (one being a girl) i had my firestar .45 (a junker i might add) my buddy had his ruger 9mm and the girl had her S&W .40

I shot all 3 and that smith overwhelmed me ! It shot smoothly,accurate as hell and felt great in my hand. I would be the last person to tell anyone not to buy a S&W auto. I would like a S&W 4006 but for that price i can get a sig !

Good luck

------------------
TIM : )

Jerky--amen about the price of the 4006! I'd wanted one of these for a while, so last week I asked my dealer how much it would cost to order one. He said that his cost from the wholesaler would be over $550, which put my price at $600 plus. Good grief. When did Smiths become such luxurious guns? :( Anyway, I told the dealer not to place the order. I can wait and see if a good used one comes along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back