Smith and Wesson is NO MORE

Ozzieman

American Outdoor Brands Corp is the new name.
But they will still use S&W on some guns.
Why?
I heard one person in the news joke that S&W is afraid the Hillary will win and with a name like that she wont recognize it as a gun company.

It's the parent company that wants to change the name. (to better reflect their holdings)
Smith and Wesson firearms will still be Smith and Wesson
It's like if General Motors changed their name, Holden would still be called Holden.

And a ute would still be a ute!

Oz-man, I doubt 1 in 1000 Americans even knows what a Holden is..........without resorting to Google!
Happily I spent about a year down there and rode in a few.

You can read about the name change here:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...smith-wesson-change-its-famous-name/93487794/

For me the key point was:
All the various brands will keep their current names, including the Smith & Wesson line of guns.

I've said before that I'd like a book about the guns AND the corporate stuff about iconic gun companies like Colt and S&W. I think you'd need a writer that was a business guy and a gun guy. One of the things I've always found interesting is how S&W sold so many guns to the Russians back in the 1800's.

(And I am one of the thousands that had no idea what a 'Holden' was. Learn something new every day. And now that I have I'm going to bed.)

Down under a FORD is still a FORD.
An Aussie V8 supercharged Falcon would be bad arse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds more encompassing of the non-firearm S&W stuff.... you know the flea market quality knives and sunglasses that have the S&W logo.

Back