Smith Airlight

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
I'm not sure the model number but this brand new Smith is a 5 shot airlight with aluminium frame and a Titanium cylinder. The aluminium barrel has a steel insert for the rifling and the outside sides are flat. Boot grip.

Nice revolver all the way around. Until you tried to pull the trigger. Seriously, this is easily the hardest trigger pull I have ever felt. By FAR!

Funny thing, the single action (after you thumb-cock the hammer) pull seems to be about 1.5 pounds with danged near ZERO travel, creep, takeup, anything. You blow on it and you think you might trip it... it's that light.

When they say "Airlight" They really mean it. Unloaded, it felt like a toy. Interesting handgun.

Would make a great CCW gun.
32337woo.jpg

Last edited:
I had the DAO titanium gun, which was nice. Traded it in on the same gun in scandium so I'd be able to fire .357 from it. I haven't shot it yet, though.

Lots of firepower, with just a little weight. Great to carry, but not all that comfortable to shoot. The titanium definately wasn't a target gun, and I'm sure the scandium with .357's will be worse.

I was playing with one today at a local shop...HOLY SH*T!
No kidding, with the toy comment. My eyes had to make sure
I was holding a "whole" gun. I want the 360Sc....so nice.

Shoot well

Have a Scandium Mountain Lite, seven shot and they are excellent conceal carry guns. Previously carried a model 65LS (the chick gun!)and the Airlite gun is far more practical for daily use. I'm very happy with my upgrade.

Gabriel

Back