Smith Agreement and end of Bush Administration

Blondie

Could President Bush terminate the Bubba Clinton-Smith & Wesson agreement before he leaves the White House? It would be nice to be able to buy a new 44 Mag.

Blondie

"$200,000 is a lot of money . . . we're going to have to earn it."

Could President Bush terminate the Bubba Clinton-Smith & Wesson agreement before he leaves the White House? It would be nice to be able to buy a new 44 Mag.

Sorry to burst your bubble here, but I recently bought two Smith and Wesson M&P pistols, and neither one of them has any internal locking device in them.

And they both shipped with high capacity magazines too! :D:D

You really should not punish the current owners of Smith & Wesson, because of actions taken when it was a UK owned company.

The administrative restrictions on the importation of guns that were put in place by Bush I and Clinton remain in effect.

Ok, I'm a bit confused.....

Why can't you buy a new .44 Mag? As far as I know, S&W is still making them. What you cannot do is buy a new made gun made the same way they made it 30 years ago. IS this what you mean?

The Clinton-S&W agreement went away with the Clintons, and with the change of ownership of S&W. If you are talking about the models of S&W that are made with the "hillary hole" locks, that is a decision of the current parent company. This company is the one that designed the lock S&W uses, so I don't think it is going to go away anytime soon.

Pres Bush cannot "terminate" the Clinton-S&W agreement, because it no longer exists as anything other than a sad piece of S&W history. They still make (some) guns with locks, because they believe it is in their best interests (politically and economically) to do so. Until the market (us) changes their minds, it won't change.

Back