Smith 686

branrot

I just bought (didn't really buy, but did a "buy it now" bid on one of the gun auction websites) for a new in box S&W 686 with a 4 inch barrel and wooden Goncalo Alves grips. $370 plus shipping and my local transfer fee. I think I did very well. What do you think?

If you're happy with it, then it's a good buy.

$370's not out of the ball park, but you probably could have shaved some money off by hitting the gun shows, etc., depending on where you live.

brainrot: you did WAY BETTER than well. A new 686 4" sells out of a good gunshop for about $475 - $525 with the standard crappy grips. I think the wooden grips cost about $60 new (?) If this is a new gun, you got a fantastic deal on what I think is the best revolver made today. You'll love that gun. I've got about 15k rounds through my 686 and I shoot it every week in 25 yard bullseye competition. I wouldn't sell it for twice what you just bid.

I'll take ALL the $370 NIB 686's anyone can provide me with...any barrel length, six- or seven-shot...GREAT PRICE!!! Ya' done GOOD!!!....mikey357

I lucked out at a VA at a gunshow a couple of months back.

I bought a 686 6" barrel & wood grips for $329.00 from a PA Dealer there. Upon examining the condition of the gun and looking at the price, I asked the dealer "What is wrong with this gun?"

Absolutely mint except for a hint of "rings" inside the chamber walls and gun did not come in a box. Bore was/is immaculate and not a mark or scratch anywhere on the gun.

Most accurate revolver I have - a pleasure to shoot.

Back