• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Smiley in editing...???

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
Why is there no smiley options window upon editing a post? I've noted it a few times when a smiley addition was one thing I wanted to do.
Brent

After you've hit the "Edit" button, hit the button that says "Go Advanced" between the "save" and "Cancel" button and it'll bring up the smileys.

But why did the smileys recently get all shuffled up? I just got the dern things memorized and ya'll screwed me all up again.
Brent

They got shuffled up again??!!! :mad:

All right! Whose week was it to watch the smileys? You KNOW they'll move out of the proper order if no one is watching!

:D

Mal H said:
You'll have to 'splain that one. What do you mean by all shuffled up?

They move around in their little window. I don't know if they're in the same position for everybody but right now this guy :) is in the upper left corner. Up until recently, he was in the right side, middle.

I don't know how often they move or why, but I do notice it on occasion.

Interesting. I've never noticed it, but I usually don't use those anyway, so I probably wouldn't (I enter the text code instead of clicking on the icon).

Maybe it's a first-found-first-displayed type of thing. So if a portion of the database is busy and one image descriptor is found before another, the order gets switched. I dunno, just guessing. I do know that when the connection is slow or the server is stressed, first the text code fills the box, and then the images show up one at a time.

Jeez, yeah -- those smilies are out of order. I wonder what else they get up to in that little box...

Oh, and, Brent -- just for the record, you can enter smilies when editing, without hitting the "Go Advanced" button -- they all have text equivalents, like :) for the basic happy face, or :mad: for the little red-faced guy... just type those in, and the smilies will obediently appear. At least they have that much discipline...

they all have text equivalents, like :) for the basic happy face, or :mad: for the little red-faced guy... just type those in, and the smilies will obediently appear.
Vanya, If it took me that long to mesmerize the locations of the smilies, you think I could ever murmerize the "text"...:D
Brent

C'mon guys, Admit it. You figured out that Brent memorized the smiley face locations and had to move them just to keep him on his toes.

Maybe it's a first-found-first-displayed type of thing. So if a portion of the database is busy and one image descriptor is found before another, the order gets switched. I dunno, just guessing. I do know that when the connection is slow or the server is stressed, first the text code fills the box, and then the images show up one at a time.
Maybe it's the software arranging the smileys by a given user's "most used"? I dunno.

Back