Smashed fingers and last match a week away!

CraZkid

At work last night I smashed my middle and trigger finger. I am in line for rookie of the year but the margin is close. What are the rules about going from a right handed shooter to left? As long as my gear does not change is there no penalty? Any tips to assist me shooting weak-handed?

What competition are you shooting?

In USPSA, I don't think there any rules concerning which hand you shoot with other than stages where strong/weak hand is specified. I can't find my rulebook right now, but I think if a shooter is physically unable to shoot a stage as specified, he/she can opt to take a "stage penalty" which, I think, is 20% of your score and otherwise shoot the stage as well as you are able.

As far as shooting weak handed-practice, practice, practice. I am a lefty by nature and after spending my life in a predominately right handed world, I've learned a fair amount of right handedness. I always find it amusing to watch the limp wrist malfunctions that righties have on weak hand stages.:p

I am shooting USPSA. There is a "weak-handed" drill this week. I will probly try and shoot it as required, but I will most likely take the penalty on a re-shoot.

I'm not trying to be a "range lawyer" here, but your situation will depend on the specific stage description.

On a stage that ends with a string or target array that must be shot weak handed I wouldn't think there would be any problem with shooting the entire stage weak handed.

If the stage includes both strong and weak hand strings, I don't think you have any choice but to shoot with both hands or take a penalty.

You might check it out with the match director before the match. It never hurts to ask and most officials are willing to accommodate any situation as long as it's fair to all.

Good luck and good shooting.

good luck...load up on IBprofen...

I remember just before a USPSA Limited Nationals..I tore a ligament in my shoulder. Had some pain and limited movement..but my doc gave me the OK to compete and gave me some tips for pain management..

just go easy and focus on the front sight and let that dictate on the speed you are shooting..

Back